Hello Grade 9’s,
You will be writing a critical journal response in regards to the short story “The Painted Door”. You will choose one of the following ideas to write about for your journal:
– Write a diary entry from the perspective of Ann as she tries to cope with the guilt and sadness of losing her husband
– Write a diary entry from the perspective of John right after he has witnessed his wife in bed with another man
– Write an epilogue to the story. What happens to Ann and the farm? What happens to Steven?
This is a critical response so I will be marking you on spelling, capitalization, and your sentence structure. So, remember to read it over!
Good morning everyone,
Advertisements are all around us each and everyday. Today we will focus on how advertisements can influence our everyday lives and what kind of impact they can have on the choices we make. Below is the assignment criteria.
You may wish to use the iPods to find an advertisement or use the magazines I have brought.
Hello Grade 9’s,
Conversation is very important as it is a way we communicate with people. When looking at short stories, dialogue can then become essential in creating a more realistic story to portray to your audience. Here is the assignment and some key facts about using dialogue in your short story.
I will be reading the poem “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost and you must respond to the poem answering the following questions:
- Looking at a relationship you have with someone (a friend, a brother or sister, a parent) does their opinion or presence influence the choices you have make in life?
- Can you think about a relationship you have had where their influence has had a negative impact on (a) decision(s) you had to make?
If you wish to read the poem to help you with your reflection, here is the link for the poem.
The Road Not Taken
The journal entry must be at least one page.
I am really excited to have the opportunity to work with you and get to know you all a bit better. Hopefully we’ll have some good times and that you find at least some of the aspects of this unit interesting. Attached below is the overview of the expectations and assignments for this unit.
Short Stories Overview of Expectations and Assignments